Serves 2-4 (depending on size)
- ½ pound of fresh sushi-grade tuna, diced in small cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, diced in small cubes
- ½ ripe mango, diced in small cubes
- Finely sliced spring onions
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ tsp wasabi powder / fresh wasabi (add a little chilli if you don’t have this)
- ½ tbs hot water
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- A pinch of freshly cracked pepper
- Whisk together the wasabi and water, then add the remaining dressing ingredients and set aside – taste to check balance.
- Toss the avocado with ½ squeeze of lime and season with salt and pepper
- Coat your chopped tuna in the dressing, enough to coat it but not over power it.
- Place a deep serving ring in the centre of a dish and layer the avocado, mango, then tuna on top.
- Press down well then remove the serving ring.
- Top with sesame seeds and spring onion – you could top it instead with crunchy fried onion. If you wish, drizzle a little extra dressing on the plate before service.