- 450ml vanilla ice cream
- 200g Christmas pudding
- 1 8” Victoria sponge
- 4 measures brandy
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 200ml stock syrup
- 50ml water
- Slice sponge horizontally into 3.
- Add 3 measures of brandy to the stock syrup.
- Place one of the sponge layers on a baking tray and brush over with some of the syrup.
- Mix ice cream and Christmas pudding together and place in the centre of the sponge, leaving 1 cm around the outside.
- Use the remaining sponge to cover the entire Christmas pudding ice cream. Brush with the remaining brandy syrup and place in the freezer.
- Boil the water and sugar for 1 minute.
- In a mixer, whisk the egg whites until at the ‘ribbon’ stage, then slowly pour in the dissolved sugar. Whisk until peaked.
- Place the meringue in a piping bag and pipe over the Christmas Alaska, making a little hollow at the top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 225°C (Gas 7) for 5 minutes until brown.
- Warm the remaining brandy, pour into the hollow at the top of the baked Alaska and ignite with a match.