- 25g unsalted butter at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 175g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 25g plain flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
4 x 160ml ramekins are required for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6, and place a baking tray in the oven to heat up (if cooking immediately)
- Grease your ramekins
- Break up the chocolate and soften in a bain marie, until just melted
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, then beat in the eggs, one at a time
- Stir in the flour until just combined, then gently mix in the melted chocolate. (The mixture should thicken quite a bit at this point)
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of sea salt
- Divide between the moulds and place on the preheated baking tray (if cooking immediately)
- Bake just before serving for 8 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream, fresh mint, and berries.