- 4 aubergines, cut into small chunks
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Handful of fresh mint
- 200 quick cooking bulgur wheat
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, minded
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
Optional: Pickled red onion
Add a few tbsp of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar to 1 finely sliced red onion, and leave to pickle for 30+ minutes – it will keep in the fridge for days.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- If making the red onion pickle, do so now.
- Toss your diced aubergine with cumin seeds, oil, and salt and pepper, then place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your bulgar wheat in lightly salted water – following the instructions on the packet.
- While they both cook, make your tahini dressing by combining the ingredients together. Set aside.
- When the bulgar wheat and aubergine are ready combine together in a bowl, with a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly chopped mint.
- Drizzle over your dressing and top with toasted pine nuts, and your pickled onions.