- 2 finely diced shallots
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ litre vegetable bouillon paste
- ½ litre beetroot juice
- 200grams cooked beetroot
- 250grams (carnaroli) risotto rice
- Good pinch picked thyme leaves
- 8 tbsp grated parmesan
- 25g butter
- 4 tbsp cream
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 70grams crumbly goats and a few fresh coriander leaves cheese to serve
- Firstly, cut the beetroot in to a rough 2cm approx dice and pan fry in hot oil for 2 minutes, season and then keep warm.
- Sweat off the shallots in olive oil. Add the rice and gently coat in oil until the rice is hot.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock then the beetroot juice and simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the rice is cooked.Remove from the heat.
- Add parmesan, butter and cream and stir until the rice is coated, fold in the cooked beetroot and finish with picked thyme then season.
- To serve place in a bowl and crumble over the goats cheese and garnish with a few fresh coriander leaves.